Saturday 25 December 2010

Merry Christmas (and what we're drinking)

Merry Christmas everybody (or Nadolig Llawen to those speakers of my native tongue!). I hope you have a cracking day.

D and I prepared our own little pre-Christmas dinner on Thursday, full roast turkey with all the trimmings. We started with Heidsick Gold Top Vintage 2004 (£20 at Majestic Wine) while preparing the dinner and had an amazing Nicolas Potel "Les Charmeuses" Puligny Montrachet Veilles Vignes 2005 (about £33 at Virgin Wines) - absolutely superb.

I'm driving to get my son later on so will probably lay off the booze until later (I may have a glass of my parents' Bucks Fizz (with Tesco Finest Cava instead) :)

Tomorrow's dinner (full-on Turkey again) will have Palliser Estate Pinot Noir 2008 and probably another bigger red to follow.

I'll add the tasting notes at some point, but now, to open presents!

Cheers all!

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment